Location: Vernon BC, Canada
The company has an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager.
Westpro Machinery Inc.is an innovative Canadian company with an experienced engineering team that designs and manufactures mineral processing equipment. We have a global presence and over 35 years of experience in the mining industry with worldwide manufacturing capabilities and equipment installations in over 20 countries.
· Manage and mentor the engineering team.
· Prepare project summaries and manage department schedules to ensure on-time delivery of drawings, Bill of Materials, and associated documentation.
· Ensure timely review of customer packages and distribution of specifications to relevant parties for review and input.
· Work in conjunction with Project Manager and Production Manager to make decisions and establish project strategies.
· Work with Design Engineering to develop, design, and update current equipment.
· Lead the general arrangement drawing approval process and ensure completeness, accuracy and on-time delivery of engineering documents and clarifications.
· Participate in project kick-off meetings and be able to provide complete technical and commercial details along with the Lead Project Engineer.
· Work with Design Engineering and Production Departments to provide the best technically developed product to meet the requirements.
· Provide engineering and technical support for the layout, design and evaluation of supply components, sub-suppliers, testing requirements and best supply for the purpose.
· Evaluate the material options for product construction, paint and coating options, and make recommendations.
· Prepare and/or review estimates, drawings, engineering documents when required.
· Deal directly with on-site technical issues and travel to site as required.
· Comply with engineering standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
· Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng)
· Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
Experience and Skills:
· Minimum 10 years of experience in the mechanical or structural design of machinery for mining or related industries.
· Advanced skill level in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
· Excellent Microsoft computer skills required.
· Excellent communication, time management, leadership, and multitasking skills required.
· Strong assets are:
- Structural steel experience
- Machine shop experience
- Paint and coating experience
- Project Management experience
- Field experience
- Experience with powertrain design
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly by sending applications to Human Resources with the subject heading “Engineering Manager”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.