Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Westpro Machinery Inc. is an innovative Canadian company with an experienced engineering team that designs and manufactures mineral processing equipment. We have a global presence and over 35 years of experience in the mining industry with worldwide manufacturing capabilities and equipment installations in over 20 countries.
The company has an immediate opening for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with direct report to the Operations Manager.
- Design and detailing of mineral processing equipment using Solidworks
- Generate detail drawings, BOM’s, Engineering Datasheets, Paint Schedules, Inspection Test Plants, Control Narratives etc.
- Perform mechanical engineering calculations (sizing etc.) and stress analysis.
- Provide design direction, support and approval for the engineering department.
- Liaise with the other Company Department members providing engineering support.
- Provide engineering and technical support for the layout, design and evaluation of equipment including the checking of drawings and other related engineering documents.
- Ensure the design of processing equipment adheres to the current standards, incorporating the latest standards and technology once tested and proved.
- Work with the Procurement Department to incorporate global sourcing and pricing into product estimates.
- Research and implement new equipment design and new product lines as put forth by Management and/or Sales Department.
- Comply with internal engineering standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng).
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in heavy machinery design in mining, construction or related industries.
- Experience with Powertrain Design required.
- Expert in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Excellent communication, time management and multitasking skills required.
- Versatile, highly motivated, self-starter able to plan, organize and work as the leader.
- Full time position.
- This position allows the successful candidate to take a leadership role and prosper with a globally expanding company in an industry of growth.
- Westpro is well respected in the industry and prides itself on its commitment to delivering high quality products and meeting customer’s needs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly by sending applications to HumanResources@WestproMachinery.com with the subject heading “Senior Mechanical Design Engineer”.