Senior Mineral Processing Engineer
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Westpro Machinery Inc.is an innovative Canadian company with an experienced engineering team that designs and manufactures mineral processing equipment. We have a global presence and over 35 years of experience in the mining industry with worldwide manufacturing capabilities and equipment installations in over 20 countries.
The company has an immediate opening for a Senior Mineral Processing Engineer to work with the Sales, Proposals and the Engineering & Design teams. Compensation includes a competitive salary with benefits.
Highlights: Active office, diverse amount of process applications, great office location in Coal Harbour!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review design criteria, mass balances and develop flow sheets for application solutions for customer proposals.
- Review equipment specifications on bid requests and advise Sales Team with accurate process technology solutions for the customer.
- Ensure the processing outputs from the Engineering & Design Departments comply with engineering & quality standards.
- Assist project teams with technical process solutions on issues related to equipment construction, commissioning and operation.
- Assist with on-site commissioning to ensure optimal equipment operation and prepare detailed site reports.
- Review Operating Manuals.
- Prepare and present professional technical publications and reports/
- Provide equipment technology training.
- Research and implement new equipment design.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, in Mineral Processing or Extractive Metallurgy
- Registered as a professional engineer
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of operational experience in mining/mineral processing
- Extensive knowledge of mineral processing equipment and process design.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, highly motivated with the ability to be a strong leader.
GROWTH is an essential belief of the company. The company believes in training/developing their employees and offers a strong support network of seasoned professional engineers.
How to Apply: If you are a driving force, then you may apply directly by sending applications to HumanResources@westpromachinery.com with the subject heading “Senior Mineral Processing Engineer”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been short-listed.